Learn about a student, speaker, and pioneer, Micah Fialka-Feldman, who continues to fight for disability-pride, justice, and inclusion in his post-secondary education program at Oakland University in Michigan.

Monday, December 21, 2009

December 21, 2009 update

December 21, 2009 update
Here's my update on my December 17 hearing.
I've been fighting for justice and my right to live in the dorm since 2007. It’s been two years so I happy I made it this far and I'll keep going until it's all over.
Thursday was a great day. I had friends come to the hearing. I had friends come from Baltimore and from Canada. Professors from Oakland University and University of Michigan joined with friends of mine from school and from the community. My Uncle John and grand parents also attended.
Both sides made their arguments.
Chris did a great job. He is my lawyer from MPAS.
The Oakland University administration is still not calling me a student.
We are waiting for the judge to decide what happens next. He took it under advisement.
I'm hoping the judge decides to support my dream and my right so I can go and live in the Oakland University housing in 2010
I hope everyone has a great holiday. Stay tuned to the e-mails. When I have any breaking news I will send out an update.
Micah, December 21, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment